Friday, February 22, 2013

October

On October 28th at midnight, I got a call from my sister Lori. She was very calm and said, "My water broke." I thought she was joking she was so calm! I hopped out of bed, threw on some clothes, packed a little bag and off I went. Jeff was working in North Dakota and I was honored to be able to take her. After a long 18 hours Kobin Shayne was born! Jeff made it seriously 5 minutes before he was born. It was like a movie with the nurses cheering when he arrived. It was such a cool experience! I am so glad I was able to experience a birth besides my own kids. It was so different for me to experience this birth compared to Quin's. With Quin I almost felt numb because it was all so new. I had no idea what to expect and with the epideral I felt like I wasn't doing anything and I was just getting really frusturated. With Kobin's I was so emotional. The miracle of life is amazing! Thank you for letting me be a part of Kobin's birth Lori! I will gladly be your midwife any day! Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. So glad that you were there for me. I can always count on you. Thanks for everything!! The longest 18 hours of my life and you were with me every minute. Thank you. Sure appreciate you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..quin is too cute! cant wait to see her in 4 months months!! yahoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, Lisa! I just have a quick question about your blog! My name is Heather and if you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete

My Background